The Cherpumple

We have friends who, like me, enjoy baking.  So we have an understanding that when one drops off a container filled with yummy goodies that the other is to return the favor with something fun.  I started to feel bad about slacking as I had two of their containers waiting to be returned, but had no ideas on what to send their way.

Then I came across the Cherpumple and knew it was a perfect way to return both containers!

What's a Cherpumple, you ask?  It's an insane dessert that consists of a cherry pie baked in a chocolate cake, a pumpkin pie baked in a spice cake, and a cherry pie baked into a vanilla cake.  It wasn't terribly hard to make, just a bit time consuming as each of the 10" cakes took about an hour and half to bake, and about the same time to cool.  I stacked them and smothered the whole monstrosity in cream cheese frosting.

This thing weighs 22 pounds (including the cake stand)!





They shared some with us and we will enjoy our "slice" for a while.  It's a whole lot of cake/pie, but very delicious!  I first found the idea here.  Check it out if you want to make your own Cherpumple!

 
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts